73492Re: Feature Request: ChangeDirectory Autocmd

  • Amadeus Demarzi
    Oct 2, 2013
      One example I can think of is Vim Fugitive, it can't properly setup its Git functionality without this type of event, I believe. Therefore it's stuck doing on on buffer loading autocmds.

      Other personal niceties would be, autoloading a session file when I :cd into particular directories.

      autochdir changes the directory on every file open, I do not want this. I want to do something like:

      :cd projects/myProj<cr>

      Then I use a tool like CtrlP to load files that are in sub directories within that project, I don't want to change the relative directory, I want it to stay the same.