73433Re: [BUG] Two :silent! bugs: silencing exception disables :try/:catch and it does not work for :throw

  • Nikolay Pavlov
    Sep 28, 2013

      On Sep 29, 2013 12:24 AM, "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...> wrote:

      > ZyX wrote:
      >
      > > Try sourcing the following script
      > >
      > >     function Fu()
      > >     throw 1234
      > >     endfunction
      > >     silent! call Fu()
      > >     try|let b=au#xxx()|catch|echomsg v:exception|endtry
      > >
      > > . After you source it with “vim -u NONE -N -S script-name.vim” you will see
      > >
      > >     Error detected while processing /tmp/zshubfJ7j:
      > >     line    5:
      > >     E117: Unknown function: au#xxx
      > >     E15: Invalid expression: au#xxx()|catch|echomsg v:exception|endtry
      > >
      > > while expected to see just
      > >
      > >     Vim(let):E117: Unknown function: au#xxx
      > >
      > > . If you replace “let b=au#xxx()” with “throw 1234”
      > > exception is caught as expected.
      >
      > Apparently some flag is set that is not reset as expected.
      > The exception handling is complicated.

      This looks more like some incremented/decremented int option: no matter how many try/catch blocks you have after this happened, they all fail to catch error messages. I have not debugged the issue yet though.