73177Re: Some TOhtml issues

  • Nikolay Pavlov
    Sep 11, 2013

      On Sep 12, 2013 12:40 AM, "LCD 47" <lcd047@...> wrote:

      > On 11 September 2013, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > > I'm a little frustrated to discover there's a font with a name
      > > matching a generic family name at all; it prevents any webpage from
      > > setting the default user-selected monospace font.
      > [...]
      >
      >     There is no collision.  Simplifying, you can think of "Monospace" as
      > an alias to a "real" name, that looks something like this:
      >
      > -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso10646-1
      >
      >     There are standard mechanisms to change these aliases, which allows
      > things like themes and skins to take effect on all programs system-wide.
      > Nothing stops you to alias "Monospace" to a proportional width font, but
      > then you deserve what you get. :)
      >
      >     /lcd

      You are likely true (I failed to find file with font "Monospace" yet such font can be chosen and fc-list knows nothing about it, neither does KDE systemsettings), but that is not the case: as indicated earlier browsers choose different fonts for "monospace" that are not equal to "Monospace".

      By the way, do you know a way to determine what is actually used when I request font "Monospace"? As I said fc-list does not work. In /etc/fonts there are lists for "monospace" (lowercase) family, but "Monospace" string is only present in comments.

      Also interesting fact: after I added font named "monospace" for testing purposes "Monospace" disappeared. Reappeared again when it was removed.