73173Re: Some TOhtml issues

  • LCD 47
    Sep 11, 2013
      On 11 September 2013, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > I'm a little frustrated to discover there's a font with a name
      > matching a generic family name at all; it prevents any webpage from
      > setting the default user-selected monospace font.
      [...]

      There is no collision. Simplifying, you can think of "Monospace" as
      an alias to a "real" name, that looks something like this:

      -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso10646-1

      There are standard mechanisms to change these aliases, which allows
      things like themes and skins to take effect on all programs system-wide.
      Nothing stops you to alias "Monospace" to a proportional width font, but
      then you deserve what you get. :)

      /lcd