72906Re: Regression in 7.4: invisible unfocusable preview window

  • Marius Gedminas
    Aug 21, 2013
      Hi!

      On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 05:15:49PM +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Di, 20 Aug 2013, Marius Gedminas wrote:
      > > Steps to reproduce:
      > >
      > > echo "au BufRead,BufNewFile * new|put ='some text'|setlocal pvw" > bug.vim
      > > vim -u bug.vim newfile.txt
      > >
      > > Expected behavior (which I get with vim 7.3.547, and which I used to get
      > > with 7.3.verylargenumbers):
      > >
      > > http://i.imgur.com/MRN6f9c.png -- you get two windows, with some text
      > > in the first one
      > >
      > > Actual behavior:
      > >
      > > http://i.imgur.com/0KKz1i3.png -- the preview window takes up space,
      > > but is completely blank, doesn't even have a statusline, and cannot be
      > > switched to.
      > >
      > > Note: if you run vim -u bug.vim, and then open a new file with :e, this
      > > bug doesn't show up.
      >
      > I might have caused this with patch 7.3.1201. Strange, this error didn't
      > happen with my plugin. Anyway, here is an alternative approach:

      <snip patch>

      Your patch fixes the bug, thanks!

      What are the next steps to get it included upstream?

      Marius Gedminas
      --
      The main reason I always use my name is lack of imagination. Well, and vanity,
      but mainly lack of imagination.