72638Re: language-mapping is not applied to macro

  • Andy Wokula
    Aug 4, 2013
      Am 04.08.2013 05:29, schrieb Ron Aaron:
      > On Saturday, August 3, 2013 10:57:29 PM UTC+3, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >> It appears you expect lmap's to be remappable. If you look at the output of
      >> ":lmap" you can see they are listed with a star, which means they are not
      >> remappable.
      > No, I expect that if I map "'" to something, then that mapping will be
      > in effect even if I change the keymap.
      > I expect that an insert-mode mapping operates on the inserted
      > character, in this case "'". It does not (or rather it does but not
      > when an lmap is active), which is counter-intuitive. I think I am not
      > alone in being surprised by this (and I've been using vim for a
      > really, really long time... I just rarely use "imap")
      > At the least, it seems to me that there needs to be a way to have
      > "imap" work as expected when there is an active "lmap".

      Yes. Old discussion comes up again.
      Try attached patch.
      (note ff=dos)
      (not sure if it can be applied to current sources, but it's very short).

      It makes :loadkeymap use :lmap instead of :lnoremap. For over a year I
      didn't get an endless loop with it. And I don't expect endless loops,
      because lmaps are remapped to imaps (rather than lmaps).