72563Re: 7.4a - Confirm dialog box larger than screen size

  • Andrei Olsen
    Jul 31, 2013
      On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:50:20 PM UTC+2, David Fishburn wrote:
      > I believe I saw this fixed earlier, or something related.
      >

      > I have tested this with:
      >
      > :ver
      > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4a BETA (2013 Jul 6, compiled Jul  9 2013 09:34:36)
      >
      > MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
      > Included patches: 1-6
      > Compiled by me
      > Big version with GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
      >

      > Run on Windows 7 x64.
      >

      > gvim.exe -u NONE -U NONE
      >

      > Open Vim.
      > Resize Vim so that the top and bottom of the Vim window is nearly maximized.
      > Or
      >
      > Simply maximize Vim by double clicking on the title bar.
      >

      > Run the following:
      >
      > :echo confirm('Test'.repeat("\nNext line", 80))
      >

      > This will produce a dialog box with a scrollbar within it.
      > The scrolling of the items is correct.
      >

      > But, there are 2 issues.
      >

      > 1.  Assuming your taskbar is at the default windows position (bottom of screen) then window is much longer than than the window size.  Many of the "Next lines" are off the screen and the OK button is no where to be seen.
      >

      > 2.  If you taskbar is at the top of the screen (as mine always is) then the problem may stem from the same issue of being too large, but there is an additional problem.  The top of the window is underneath the taskbar, so you cannot click on it to move it.  Many of the "Next lines" are off the screen and the OK button is no where to be seen.
      >

      > Please make sure Vim has either been maximized or nearly the length of the screen first.  If you do not, you will not see the same behaviour.  The confirm modal window is larger than Vim, but it will not exceed screen size if Vim isn't using most of screen real-estate.
      >

      > David

      The attached patch should fix it. The dialog is border size smaller than the window so it would fit when the window is maximized.

      Also made the dialog a bit smaller when we don't have a window, e.g. gvim -h. It didn't fit completely on my PC, part of the dialog was behind the taskbar.