72556Re: 7.4a - Confirm dialog box larger than screen size

  • Mike Williams
    Jul 31 8:24 AM
      On 31/07/2013 14:06, David Fishburn wrote:
      > Can anyone else reproduce this?

      Yep, reproduced. Even happens with gui VIM on linux builds and without
      increasing the window height from the default 25 lines. No idea for
      other platforms.

      > Any GUI experts out there?

      A quick look at the Windows code for the dialog shows it limits the
      message content of the dialog to the height of the Window used by VIM,
      but takes no account of the title bar or any buttons and title bar
      extending beyond top and bottom of the window/screen.

      I haven't looked at the GTK code but it would seem it has no checks at
      all on the dialog height relative to the window or screen dimensions.
      Other platforms may vary again.

      While not nice, what is the usage scenario where such a tall dialog is
      useful?

      Mike
      --
      The day Microsoft builds something that doesn't suck is the day they
      build a vacuum cleaner.