72475Re: svn syntax with localization?

  • studog
    Jul 25, 2013
      On Friday, July 19, 2013 9:59:38 AM UTC-4, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Does the pattern actually match in the wrong place?

      Of course it does, because the pattern is wrong. See my other reply just now.

      > Translations will change over time, so the syntax file gets outdated.
      > It's only worth the effort if we actually need to match the text to
      > avoid highlighting the wrong line.

      It's not that much effort, and I'll do it. Because the wrong line highlights for me every time I do a merge.

      Look at it from another angle: the top part of the svn-commit.tmp file is user input. The highlighting must be accurate to be useful; to show the user when they've accidentally typed in the delimiter causing svn to truncate their log message. I had to take a chance to see if I was right or wrong about whether my log message would truncate.

      ...Stu