72469Re: Python3 support is broken on Windows

  • Nikolay Pavlov
    Jul 25, 2013

      On Jul 25, 2013 9:23 PM, "Sergey Khorev" <sergey.khorev@...> wrote:

      >> Make sure you have a recent version of the source and clean up before you build.
      >>

      > Thanks, there really is no need to waste time teaching me how to build Vim.
      > Anyway I found the cause: it is Python that is broken, not Vim. If Python3 is installed properly (as opposed to python3X.dll simply copied over), everything works. Is it worth adding to the documentation or is it only me not liking installers?

      It crashes on wine while I use msi installer there (and add an item to %PATH% as this installer does not do this). I did not investigate the issue though, just disabled python 3 as it is not much useful for testing my plugins.