72453Re: Update ftplugin/ocaml.vim

  • glts
    Jul 24, 2013
      On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Markus Mottl <markus.mottl@...> wrote:
      > Btw., the compiler-settings don't load unless I enter ":compiler
      > ocaml". This may be annoying for beginners who might expect things to
      > work without having to change their Vim-configuration. What would be
      > the best way to set this as an overridable default?

      This is not normally done. In fact, the Ada ftplugin is the only one in
      all of Vim's runtime files that sets a compiler for the user.

      Beginners can learn. How about adding a note with a suggested
      autocommand inside the plugin?

      :autocmd FileType ocaml compiler ocaml

      People need to look inside the plugin anyway to find out about the
      mappings that you define for them.