72421Re: Vim slow after big count insert

  • Gary Johnson
    Jul 22, 2013
      On 2013-07-23, Nikolay Pavlov wrote:

      > On Jul 20, 2013 2:28 AM, "Gary Johnson" wrote:
      > >
      > > On 2013-07-19, Dimitar DIMITROV wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Dimitar,
      > >
      > > It would be a big help to those of us with threading mail readers if
      > > you would be sure that your replies include "Re: " at the start of
      > > the Subject.
      >
      > This has nothing to do with threads. There is a special field added to messages
      > when you reply that contains unique ID of the message being replied to and
      > *this* field makes mail readers able to arrange messages correctly.

      I'm well aware of those fields, and my mail reader (mutt) handles
      them quite well. It is also capable of threading messages that lack
      those fields and have only "Re: " in front of the original subject
      to go by. Dimitar's messages did not contain those headers, though,
      and since his Subject lines didn't even include the "Re: ", I
      assumed it would be a stretch for his mail client to do any more
      than allow him to add the "Re: ".

      Regards,
      Gary