72314Re: :set show values when it shouldn't

  • Gary Johnson
    Jul 17, 2013
      On 2013-07-17, Dimitar DIMITROV wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > According to :h:se, :se isn't supposed to output anything at all when in
      > default mode but it does when started like this:
      > command vim -nNX -u NONE

      Actually, ":help :set" doesn't say that--it says it shows "all
      options that differ from their default value." Vim usually
      considers options that it sets itself as a result of external
      factors to be different from their default values.

      What options are you seeing?

      I would expect you to be seeing at least "noloadplugins" because you
      used "-n" and "updatecount=0" because you used "-u NONE".

      Regards,
      Gary