72265Re: Gap between scrollbar and window border when compiled with Visual Studio 2012

  • Andre Sihera
    Jul 17, 2013
      On 17/07/13 18:32, Mike Williams wrote:
      > On 16/07/2013 09:28, Mike Williams wrote:
      >> On 15/07/2013 22:19, Andre Sihera wrote:
      >>> Actually, come to think of it, the best logical place to start looking
      >>> would be at
      >>> any window size or decoration calculations that *don't* use
      >>> GetSystemMetrics().
      >>> Cheers,
      >> Thanks for all the pointers I have received. I hope to be able to start
      >> looking at it later on today.
      > Hacking around with the system metrics I can solve the problem.
      > However it does raise a new one - it requires a build with WINVER set
      > to 0x0600. The down side is that executables wont then run on XP or
      > earlier versions of Windows.

      Why does it require WINVER to be set to 0x0600 or later?
      GetSystemMetrics() has
      been in GDI since Windows 3.0 over 20 years ago and key metrics like window
      borders and scrollbar widths haven't changed their meaning throughout
      that entire

      You should at least be able to set WINVER to somewhere around 0x0400 (NT
      Windows ME).

      Which parameters are you specifying?