72231Re: Issue 150 in vim: same normal cmds on linux and windows

  • Zulox4
    Jul 16, 2013
      On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:25:33 PM UTC+2, v...@... wrote:
      > Comment #2 on issue 150 by fritzoph...@...: same normal cmds on linux
      >
      > and windows
      >
      > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=150
      >

      > I can't reproduce the problem. On Windows 7.3.822 using your command, I get
      >
      > the same text you got in Linux.
      >

      > Actually, you missed a step. You need to set autoindent before running your
      >
      > command.
      >

      > Also, your result depends on either the value of 'textwidth', or the window
      >
      > size if 'textwidth' is zero. Are you sure your 'textwidth' setting is the
      >
      > same in each instance? How about the window size? What does ":set columns?"
      >
      > say in each of your Vims?
      >

      > That's a clever way to add a hanging indent, by the way. I'll need to
      >
      > remember that.
      >

      > But note, maybe you just want to set up 'formatlistpat' instead, and set
      >
      > fo+=n.
      >

      > --

      > issue notifications to this address.
      >
      > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
      >
      > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

      All the options set in vim (.vimrc) are the same for windows os and linux os versions, these :

      set nocompatible " use vim defaults
      set scrolloff=3 " keep 3 lines when scrolling
      set ai " set auto-indenting on for programming

      set showcmd " display incomplete commands
      set nobackup " do not keep a backup file
      set number " show line numbers
      set ruler " show the current row and column

      set hlsearch " highlight searches
      set incsearch " do incremental searching
      set showmatch " jump to matches when entering regexp
      set ignorecase " ignore case when searching
      set smartcase " no ignorecase if Uppercase char present

      set visualbell t_vb= " turn off error beep/flash
      set novisualbell " turn off visual bell

      set backspace=indent,eol,start " make that backspace key work the way it should

      syntax on " turn syntax highlighting on by default
      filetype on " detect type of file
      filetype indent on " load indent file for specific file type

      set t_RV= " http://bugs.debian.org/608242, http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/9770ea844cec3282

      I don't use gui version, the size of my window console (cmd) is 160 chars width chars and 80 chars heigth.
      Thanks !