72211Re: Gap between scrollbar and window border when compiled with Visual Studio 2012

  • Andre Sihera
    Jul 15, 2013
      Hi,

      I haven't taken a look at the VIM code, but a logical place to start
      looking might be
      for any window size or decoration calculation code that calls the
      GetSystemMetrics()
      function with any of:

      - SM_CXBORDER
      - SM_CYBORDER
      - SM_CXEDGE
      - SM_CYEDGE
      - SM_CXVSCROLL
      - SM_CYHSCROLL

      With each new version of Visual Studio, the default version number of
      the Platform
      SDK (a.k.a Windows SDK) which is set via the variables WINVER and
      _WIN32_WINNT
      is increased to reflect the newest UI rendering rules. This means that
      if you haven't
      been ultra-strict in your calculations of window sizes and system
      controls the UIs will
      look broken on all versions of Windows released prior to version of VS
      that is being
      used.

      Cheers,

      Andre.