72185Re: Gap between scrollbar and window border when compiled with Visual Studio 2012

  • Mike Williams
    Jul 15, 2013
      On 11/07/2013 10:34, Charles wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Does anyone know why when compiled with visual studio 2012, the vim
      > gui has gap between the scrollbars and the window borders.
      >
      > Here's the screenshot of vim compiled with visual studio 2010
      >
      > http://imgur.com/lI05rgq
      >
      > And here is when compiled with visual studio 2012
      >
      > http://imgur.com/iLeVis1
      >
      > Both are compiled with the same source code, same configuration, same
      > platform (x64).

      Definitely something strange going on with VS2012 builds. Starting with
      gvim -u NONE -U NONE gives a 79x24 window instead of 80x25. Doing :set
      columns=80 results in no change in columns but the number of lines
      increases by one, but the window size doesn't change so you can no
      longer see the command line. The only way to see the command line is to
      use the mouse to resize the window.

      Will take bit longer to spelunk my way to the relevant code. Anyone got
      any pointers to help speed up the investigation? Or can someone look at
      the code and have a d'oh moment?

      Mike
      --
      Don't learn the tricks of the trade - learn the trade.