72076Re: Issue 149 in vim: Bug in history management with multiple file buffers
- Jul 11, 2013Comment #1 on issue 149 by fritzoph...@...: Bug in history management
with multiple file buffers
This is expected behavior. By default Vim discards undo history when you
abandon a buffer. You have a few options:
1. Set the 'hidden' option so Vim doesn't abandon the buffer.
2. Set the 'undofile' option so Vim saves the undo information in a file
(also lets you quit Vim and relaunch Vim and keep the undo info).
3. Open a new window or tab for file B instead of switching buffers in the
You received this message because this project is configured to send all
issue notifications to this address.
You may adjust your notification preferences at:
You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>