72074Issue 149 in vim: Bug in history management with multiple file buffers

  • vim@...
    Jul 11, 2013
      Owner: ----
      Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

      New issue 149 by gu...@...: Bug in history management with multiple
      file buffers

      What steps will reproduce the problem?

      Suppose I have 2 files A and B open in my vim using multiple file buffers
      1. I open file A
      2. I make a change in A
      3. I save the change made to file A
      4. Then I open the file buffer for B using bp.
      5. Then if I go to the terminal by pressing Ctrl+Z
      6. I go back to my file B by pressing fg in the terminal.
      7. Then afterwards I go back to the buffer associated with file A
      8. If I do undo the history of file A is not there.

      When I do undo I would want the history of file A to be still there

      vim 7.3 Patches Included: 1-763, 765-831
      OpenSuse 12.3

      issue notifications to this address.