71780Re: Problem with xterm screen refresh with recent versions of Vim

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Jul 3, 2013
      Hi,

      On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Yegappan Lakshmanan
      <yegappanl@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappanl@...> wrote:
      >> Hi,

      >>> I cannot reproduce this problem. I do see the first message from CTRL-G
      >>> disappearing, that's most likely the other bug.
      >>> For me pressing ":" to type the ":e" command already clears the info
      >>> from CTRL-G.
      >>>
      >>> Since you say CTRL-G gives info, you actually are editing a file?
      >>>

      >> This problem is caused by the 7.3.859 patch ( 'ambiwidth' must be set
      >> by the user).
      >> When I remove this patch, I don't see this screen refresh problem.
      >>

      > This problem is caused by the may_req_ambiguous_character_width()
      > function added by the above patch (859).
      >
      > When I set the 'ambwidth' option in the .vimrc file, the screen is properly
      > refreshed and the problem is not seen.

      I tried the latest Vim version (7.3.1294). I still see the xterm screen refresh
      problem. The changes made for patch 1288 didn't fix this problem.

      - Yegappan