71753Re: Regression: After startup, first message output is swallowed.

    Jul 2 2:16 PM
      Hirohito Higashi wrote:

      > Hi, Manuel and Vimmers.
      >
      > 2013/7/3(Wed) 0:27:51 UTC+9 Manuel Ortega:
      > > On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM, Kazunobu Kuriyama <kazunobu...@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > That said, the vim shipped with MacOS X 10.8.4, the version of which
      > > is 7.3 and looks no patch applied, not linked against X11, works
      > > well.  This suggests that the early patch-levels of 7.3 are free
      > > from this particular bug.
      > >
      > > Did my earlier message not go through?  I bisected.  The offending
      > > commit is 7.3.859.  7.3.858 is just fine on OSX 10.8.4.
      > >
      > > I see this in iTerm.app with xterm-256color, and in Terminal.app
      > > with xterm-256color.
      > >
      > > If I switch it to "xterm" or "xterm-16color", the bug goes away.
      > > If I switch it to "xterm-color" the bug reappears.
      > >
      > > -Manny
      >
      > Thank you for your investigation.
      >
      > My investigation result:
      > I reproduced.
      > 7.3.1287 on fedora 17 via PuTTY(term=putty-256color).
      >
      > If may_req_ambiguous_character_width() function call is commented, then This regression is not occurred.
      > (main.c: 815)

      I can reproduce it even when the may_req_ambiguous_character_width()
      stuff is skipped. That's when using an xterm and t_Co is different from
      the expected value, causing a redraw.

      I'm working on a patch, but it's grown a bit large...

      --
      LAUNCELOT: I am, sir. I am a Knight of King Arthur.
      FATHER: 'Mm ... very nice castle, Camelot ... very good pig country....