71515Re: How to make the related python library dynamicly loaded CORRECTLY when compiling vim?

  • Kirill Igumenshchev
    Jun 25, 2013
      I spent few days on this and would really really like some help too. Read a bunch on inet. I use scientific linux 6.4, which is based on centos 6.4. I install everything using environment-modules so that I can use the same configuration on clusters.

      I compiled python 2.7.5 and 3.3.2 with --enable-shared. for python 2, i had to modify makefile and add -fPIC option.

      trying" ":py print 1", i get:
      E448: Could not load library function _PyArg_Parse_SizeT
      E263: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python library could not be loaded.

      before recompiling python with --enable-shared, I had the error:
      E370: Could not load library libpython2.7.a
      E263: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python library could not be loaded.

      Thank you!