71384Re: new syntax files -- Innovation Data Processing

  • Rob Owens
    Jun 19, 2013
      > From: "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...>
      > Rob Owens wrote:
      > > I improved the syntax files per some of Bram's suggestions.
      > >
      > > 1) I removed underscores from the names of the syntax files.
      > >
      > > 2) I did not shorten the names of the syntax files, because users
      > > will sometimes need to manually enable the syntax highlighting
      > > with, for example :set syntax=upstreamlog
      > > I chose easy-to-remember over short.
      > >
      > > 3) Headers added to syntax files.
      > >
      > > 4) Items in the syntax file start with the name of the syntax
      > > file, using the form file_Item for readability.
      > >
      > > 5) "hi def link" used instead of "hi link".
      > >
      > > Please let me know if there are any other corrections I need to
      > > make.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your help.
      > Before including this, I wanted to check: The files that these syntax
      > highlighting scripts support, they are used in the world, right? Not
      > just inside your own company. I understand that the software is
      > proprietary, but it's running on systems throughout the world, right?
      Correct. The software is used on systems throughout the world. Users
      of the software, as well as employees of my company, would have
      occasional need to view the logs and dat files. The syntax files I
      provided support viewing of those files.