71311Re: Patch 7.3.1182

  • Ken Takata
    Jun 16, 2013
      Hi,

      2013/06/16 San 23:01:39 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Ajit Thakkar wrote:
      >
      > > Setting backupcopy=yes does seem to solve the problem, at least on three
      > > tries.
      > >
      > > Without it, the behavior is erratic. Just now, in the last 5 minutes, I got
      > > on different occasions an E510, an E222, an E211, and a backup file named
      > > yyyy (but all the y's had an umlaut on them) left behind in the current
      > > directory.
      > >
      > > It gives me the impression that some random access to memory is taking
      > > place, as if there were an attempt to use an uninitialized value or an
      > > array element with an index outside the declared range.
      >
      > I hope someone with a good Windows debugger can find out what's going
      > wrong.
      >
      > Can you specify what links are on these files exactly? Preferably by
      > listing the sequence of commands used to create the file and the links.

      I had a report from Yukihiro Nakadaira that mch_is_symbolic_link() has
      a bug when 'encoding' is same as the current codepage. I didn't notice
      because I mainly used enc=utf-8 which is different form the current codepage.
      Attached patch fixes this bug, but I'm not sure this is the cause of the hang.

      Best regards,
      Ken Takata