Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

71311Re: Patch 7.3.1182

Expand Messages
  • Ken Takata
    Jun 16, 2013

      2013/06/16 San 23:01:39 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Ajit Thakkar wrote:
      > > Setting backupcopy=yes does seem to solve the problem, at least on three
      > > tries.
      > >
      > > Without it, the behavior is erratic. Just now, in the last 5 minutes, I got
      > > on different occasions an E510, an E222, an E211, and a backup file named
      > > yyyy (but all the y's had an umlaut on them) left behind in the current
      > > directory.
      > >
      > > It gives me the impression that some random access to memory is taking
      > > place, as if there were an attempt to use an uninitialized value or an
      > > array element with an index outside the declared range.
      > I hope someone with a good Windows debugger can find out what's going
      > wrong.
      > Can you specify what links are on these files exactly? Preferably by
      > listing the sequence of commands used to create the file and the links.

      I had a report from Yukihiro Nakadaira that mch_is_symbolic_link() has
      a bug when 'encoding' is same as the current codepage. I didn't notice
      because I mainly used enc=utf-8 which is different form the current codepage.
      Attached patch fixes this bug, but I'm not sure this is the cause of the hang.

      Best regards,
      Ken Takata

      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic