71282Re: Can't build v7-3-1189

  • Manuel Ortega
    Jun 15, 2013
      On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Christian Wellenbrock <christian.wellenbrock@...> wrote:
      On Friday, June 14, 2013 10:35:59 PM UTC+2, Manuel Ortega wrote:
      > Buried in that gist file is a line that shows the OP is using a beta version of XCode5, which won't come out until OS X 10.9 comes out.  Possibly the OP is building on a beta of OSX10.9 as well.  If you look at the issues page of, e.g., the homebrew website (https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues), you will see that the OSX 10.9 and XCode5 betas are *full* of stupid bugs that are affecting all kinds of programs.  I'd bet that the problem is the beta(s), and not vim.

      Well spotted! I was trying out the iOS 7 beta, but not Mac OS 10.9. I'm still on 10.8.4, but this is most likely still be the cause for this issue. I will have to find a workaround for now. Thank you!

      Homebrew now claims to have fixed, in principle, the main problems with XCode5 Beta and 10.9 Beta.  You might cherry pick this stuff and see if it works, particularly the patch to src/os_unix.c.

      -Manny