70007Re: [patch] get quickfix stack

  • Christian Brabandt
    May 22, 2013
      Hi LCD!

      On Mi, 22 Mai 2013, LCD 47 wrote:
      > On 22 May 2013, LCD 47 <lcd047@...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > > Excellent, thank you! I'll play with it for a while, then post my
      > > conclusions.
      >
      > There seems to be a bug in getlocstack(), it misses the first entry.
      > Example: after a single run of syntastic check:
      >
      > :echo len(getlocstack(0))
      > 3
      >
      > :echo len(getloctitle(0))
      > 4
      > Here getloctitle() seems to work correctly.

      I don't see this. How did you make this? (I only checked by calling
      :setloclist(0, [...]) several times and not sure how to make syntastic
      do this.

      > Also getlocstackptr() should probably return -1 rather than 0 if the
      > stack is empty (calling getlocstack() to find out is expensive in
      > terms of memory).

      Ok. Updated the patch.

      > I haven't looked at setlocstack() and getqf*() / setqf*().
      >
      > There are a few mistakes and omissions in the manual:
      >
      > (1) getlocstackptr() and getloctitle() take an argument, while
      > getqfstack() doesn't;
      > (2) the arguments for the new functions are not described;
      > (3) it's not clear if the stack pointers are 0- or 1-based.

      Ok, seems I mixed up the documentation yesterday. I have updated it now.

      > From the point of view of design, I still claim it would have been
      > cleaner to assign handle IDs to loclists, the same way it's done for
      > buffers, windows, tabs, and basically everything else. It would have
      > allowed to solve the last piece of the puzzle, namely converting between
      > the current window, the associated loclist, and the associated loclist
      > window: these might all have been attributes of the loclists.
      >
      > Without handle IDs, you basically have to use the stack to point
      > functions to the relevant loclist. This works, but it's a rather ugly
      > hack, and it doesn't extend easily to finding, say, the loclist window
      > associated to the current window.

      I have still no idea how to approach this yet.

      regards,
      Christian