69732Re: To all syntax file maintainers: examples needed

    May 18, 2013
      I wrote:

      > The plan is to include a new regexp engine in Vim 7.4. For testing
      > I would like to get a lot of files for which we have syntax
      > highlighting. I can then compare the highlighting of these files with
      > the old and the new engine to find anything that is not compatible.
      >
      > Please send me a file that exercises most regexp patterns in the syntax
      > file. It doesn't need to be long, but it should be a complex example of
      > the language. Send it as an attachment to avoid the white space being
      > messed up by the mail system.
      >
      > I would prefer one file per syntax, but it must be valid syntax. If one
      > file is problematic (e.g., you can't concatenate small files without
      > making it invalid), then a few files would be OK. A rough goal would be
      > 1000 lines.
      >
      > At some later point we might also want to do performance measurements.
      > Although I already have a few "bad" examples for that.
      >
      > IMPORTANT: I will distribute the collection of files, so that others can
      > reproduce problems, do performance measurements, etc. Make sure your
      > file has a copyright that permits this. Don't reveal any secrets,
      > patents, trademarks, etc. A line stating that the Vim license applies
      > should be sufficient.

      With the few files I received I already found two bugs in the new regexp
      engine.

      But I received only 7 files. I need many more! So now asking everyone,
      not just syntax file maintainers, to send me files for testing. Please
      read the quoted text above for what the file should contain.

      --
      BRIDGEKEEPER: What is your favorite colour?
      GAWAIN: Blue ... No yelloooooww!