69656Re: To all syntax file maintainers: examples needed

  • Charles Campbell
    May 15, 2013
      Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > Hi Bram!
      >
      > On Mo, 13 Mai 2013, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >
      >> Not. I only want to work with the syntax files that I have, which are
      >> the distributed ones. I'm not going to download and install syntax
      >> files for this test.
      >>
      >> There are more than 500 syntax files, that should be more than enough.
      > I didn't mean that you were supposed to test those files. I wanted to
      > know how maintainers of unofficial syntax files can test the new RE
      > engine.

      You could try synchk
      (http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#SYNCHK).

      Before using new re:
      run :ManyMakeSynChk *.[your-favorite-suffix-here]

      After new re:
      run :ManySynChk *.[your-favorite-suffix-here]

      The first command generates a lot of synchk/*.synchk files, which
      contain a hashed version of the syntax on each line.
      The second command compares newly generated hashed versions of the
      syntax on each line with the stored hashes.

      Regards,
      C Campbell