69287Line endings of messages to stderr in batch mode

  • glts
    Apr 27, 2013
      When run in batch mode, Vim prints verbose :echo messages to stderr (see
      ":h -s-ex").

      Unfortunately, by the look of it end-of-line characters aren't handled
      correctly. On my unix machine I get CRLF line endings, and no line
      endings on the last line.

      To reproduce, create a script "crlf.vim" with the following contents.

      function Echo()
      echo "a"
      echo "b"
      echo "c"
      endfunction
      verbose call Echo()
      quit

      Execute it in batch mode, redirecting stderr to a temporary file.

      vim -es <crlf.vim 2>tempfile

      These are the contents of the tempfile:

      0000000: 610d 0a62 0d0a 63 a..b..c

      Whereas the output I would expect in a unix environment looks like this:

      0000000: 610a 620a 630a a.b.c.

      --
      David B├╝rgin