68883Re: Bug: Ex command after "motion force" cannot be aborted properly

  • glts
    Mar 27, 2013
      Christian,

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > Ok, what do you think of this updated patch?

      Won't there be a redundant call to clearop() now when cancelling
      ordinary Ex commands? I suppose it should work though. Thanks.

      Personally, I'd rather not patch up bugs where the root cause is
      unknown. In this case, the fact remains that "dv:<Esc>" deleted one
      character and "dV:<Esc>" deleted one line, and "d:<Esc>" didn't. So I
      would prefer to find out how this was possible -- maybe there's more.