68878Re: Bug: Ex command after "motion force" cannot be aborted properly

  • glts
    Mar 27, 2013
      I still don't think it should be an error. Sometimes when you start
      typing "d3..." you realize you wanted "change" instead of "delete", so
      you press <Esc> and start again.

      For me, "d:call <Esc>" is the same thing. Perhaps you want to use a
      custom function but you forgot to source the relevant file, so you
      cancel and start again. I don't feel this is an error. What do you
      think?

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > On Wed, March 27, 2013 17:18, glts wrote:
      >> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
      >> wrote:

      >>> But it doesn't really abort.
      >>
      >> I don't understand. The command is cancelled silently, just as it is
      >> when you cancel other Operator-pending commands, e.g. "d3<Esc>". This is
      >> what I would expect.
      >
      > Not it isn't. Simple case:
      > :h
      > d:call<esc>
      >
      > (Note the error message).

      Oh right, I didn't catch that. All the more reason to sort out the root
      cause.