68875Re: Bug: Ex command after "motion force" cannot be aborted properly

  • glts
    Mar 27, 2013
      Christian, thanks for looking into this.

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > On Mi, 27 Mär 2013, glts wrote:
      >> d:call<Esc>
      >>
      >> This command has no effect.
      >
      > But it doesn't really abort.

      I don't understand. The command is cancelled silently, just as it is
      when you cancel other Operator-pending commands, e.g. "d3<Esc>". This is
      what I would expect.

      > Here is a patch, that checks, whether the ex command could be executed
      > and also whether the command possibly generated an error.

      I don't think this is the right solution. The behaviour should be the
      same as for other Operator-pending commands: "d<Esc>", "dv<Esc>",
      "d:<Esc>". This isn't erroneous input and we don't want Vim to beep.

      David