68852Re: "." fails to repeat the last executed operator with ":normal v"

  • glts
    Mar 25, 2013
      On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Sung Pae <self@...> wrote:
      > Let's create a simple (and incomplete) custom motion:
      >
      > function! SelectInCaps()
      > let [bl, bc] = searchpos('\u', 'cbW')
      > let [el, ec] = searchpos('.\u\ze', 'W')
      > call setpos("'<", [0, bl, bc, 0])
      > call setpos("'>", [0, el, ec, 0])
      > normal! gv
      > endfunction
      >
      > Then map it to both visual and operator-pending modes:
      >
      > vmap ic :<C-U>call SelectInCaps()<CR>
      > omap ic :<C-U>call SelectInCaps()<CR>
      >
      > Repeating the command dic with the . command works now with your patch:
      >
      > Foo|BarBazQuux
      > Foo|BazQuux " dic
      > Foo|Quuz " .
      >
      > However, if we invoke vic after running dic, the . command no longer has
      > any affect:
      >
      > Foo|BarBazQuux
      > Foo|BazQuux " dic
      > Foo|BazQuux " vic<Esc>
      > Foo|BazQuux " .

      Yes, sorry, and thanks for reporting. Operator and Visual mode handling
      isn't easy and I'm learning it the hard way ...

      Anyway, after another session in the debugger I came up with the slight
      amendment in the attachment. If you would like to try it, be my guest. I
      hope I can find the time to write a few tests.

      David