68708Re: "." fails to repeat the last executed operator with ":normal v"

  • glts
    Mar 17, 2013

      On Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:06:50 PM UTC+1, glts wrote:
      > Here are the contents of the redo buffer when ...

      The "repeat.vim" plugin was created to solve this problem but it doesn't
      work for omaps neither. I don't know if you saw it but there is some
      discussion here:

      https://github.com/tpope/vim-repeat/issues/8

      In my opinion, the redo buffer should be the same in both of your
      examples, namely "d:call Select()\n". But since there is only one redo
      buffer and you can call functions/:normal recursively, there's always
      the chance of it being overwritten.

      Folks, would it make sense to add another "top-level" redo buffer? This
      would be left untouched by nested :normal commands.