68696Re: "." fails to repeat the last executed operator with ":normal v"

  • glts
    Mar 16, 2013
      Here are the contents of the redo buffer when "." is pressed, for both
      cases (I obtained these with get_inserted()):

      1. "d:call Select()\n"
      2. "vd"

      So, in the first case when we enter "dfoo", "foo" is mapped and put
      verbatim in the redo buffer.

      In the second case, "dfoo" is somehow translated to "vd". The effect is
      the same as for "1vd", meaning: make a Visual selection with the same
      size as the previous one, then delete it.

      This is strange. I don't understand how the second case works yet but I
      will try to find out more when I have time.

      glts