68667Re: Issue 121 in vim: cursor jumps to the end of closed fold when executing a register

  • Christian Brabandt
    Mar 12, 2013
      Hi glts!

      On Di, 12 Mär 2013, glts wrote:

      > On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:22:12 PM UTC+1, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > > I don't see this with Vim. Can you reproduce the issue with vim -u
      > > NONE -N ?
      >
      > I can reproduce this on the current Vim version 7.3.854 on Ubuntu Linux
      > 12.04.

      Ah, I see, this only happens when sourcing as a script. The problem here
      is, that there is a subtle difference between the :@ command and the
      :normal! @ command. When using the :@ command, the register will be
      called for the range of the folded lines and therefore implicitly sets
      the range to the first and lastline of the fold and then the ex_at()
      function explicitly sets the cursorline to the endline of the register.

      We could change it, but the documentation explicitly states, that in the
      future the register will be executed for the range given, so we should
      rather just implement this ;)

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Christian
      --
      Geistliche sind daran interessiert, die Völker in Unwissenheit zu
      erhalten, man würde sonst, da das Evangelium einfach ist, ihnen sagen: