68602Re: Behaviour of :normal in operator-pending mode is not defined

  • glts
    Mar 7, 2013
      I see. I was thinking about it the wrong way then.

      On Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:35:24 PM UTC+1, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > > gUe suMMER
      > > :norm! gUe<CR> suMMER
      > > gU:norm! e<CR> suMMEr
      >
      > I'm not sure if this is documented (I couldn't find it mentioned
      > explicitly) but if I recall correctly, any : command in operator-pending
      > mode acts as an exclusive motion.

      Yes, I did see that in the code for the colon command at normal.c#5398:

      if (cap->oap->op_type != OP_NOP)
      {
      /* Using ":" as a movement is characterwise exclusive. */
      cap->oap->motion_type = MCHAR;
      cap->oap->inclusive = FALSE;
      }

      I added a note in the documentation and removed a now invalid item from
      the todo list.

      David B├╝rgin