68495Re: Bug with matchadd() highlighting?

  • Christian Brabandt
    Feb 26, 2013
      Hi John!

      On Di, 26 Feb 2013, John Szakmeister wrote:

      > On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > [snip]
      > >> # set colorscheme however you like, just as long as there
      > >> # is an 'Error' highlight group.
      > >> vim -u NONE -U NONE -c 'set nocp' -c 'colorscheme elflord' file.txt \
      > >> -c "call matchadd('Error', '\%3l\%1c')"
      > >
      > > Looks like a redrawing problem. I think, the screen is not correctly
      > > updated, but when doing Ctrl-L it does instead update correctly.
      >
      > Is the next step to file a bug report? Sorry for the silly question,
      > but I'm still learning Vim's organization and community.

      It is probably in Bram's todo list already, but he hasn't pushed the
      runtime files yet to the public repository (at
      http://code.google.com/p/vim/source/browse/#hg%2Fruntime)

      If he does and you have updated your runtime files, you'll find it
      somewhere in :h todo.txt (but don't expect a fix soon, the list is
      huge).

      regards,
      Christian
      --