68492Re: Patch 7.3.841: Innocuous compiler warning in "Huge" eval.c

    Feb 26, 2013
      Tony Mechelynck wrote:

      > On 26/02/13 19:36, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > >
      > > Patch 7.3.841
      > > Problem: When a "cond ? one : two" expression has a subscript it is not
      > > parsed correctly. (Andy Wokula)
      > > Solution: Handle a subscript also when the type is unknown. (Christian
      > > Brabandt)
      > > Files: src/eval.c, src/test49.vim, src/test49.ok
      > --------------------------------^
      > src/version.c is also changed (by adding the patch number) but
      > src/test49.* aren't changed by the patch. :-?

      Missing "/testdir". Didn't notice diff omitted those two files.
      Will make another patch then.

      > "hg -incoming" correctly mentioned only src/eval.c src/version.c
      >
      > [...]
      >
      > I get the following in the compile for "Huge" vim but no message for
      > "Tiny" vim (which is not compiled with +eval):
      >
      > eval.c: In function ‘eval7’:
      > eval.c:5173:7: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
      > ‘vim_strsave’ differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
      >

      > The message refers to the first nonblank in the following (new) line:
      > rettv->vval.v_string = vim_strsave("");
      >
      > However, I suppose that a string of zero characters followed by one null
      > byte is the same regardless of the assumed sign of the characters, so
      > this message should be innocuous.

      Fixed in 7.3.842.

      --
      The average life of an organization chart is six months. You can safely
      ignore any order from your boss that would take six months to complete.