68440Re: Automatic scrollbar causes column growth

  • John Little
    Feb 24, 2013
      On Monday, February 25, 2013 2:18:02 AM UTC+13, Michael Henry wrote:
      > It sounds like you've got a stray space character at the end of
      > the :map command.

      Yes, you're right. If I paste text into vim from firefox, and the text does not end with a period or a newline, a space is appended :/, never noticed that before. I do sort of recall other posters on this list having stray spaces on the ends of mappings, perhaps this was the cause. Sorry to muddy your thread.

      Having fixed this, I do not see your unpredictability problem, all messages have the first three numbers the same (until the screen width is reached).

      Regards, John Little