68438Re: Bug win32 gui: window position is changed when invoking :vert under certain conditions

  • Ben Fritz
    Feb 24, 2013
      On Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:23:07 AM UTC-6, lith wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > I sometimes use gvim 7.3 @ win7 (64 bit). When I move the gvim window by means of the <windows-key + left/right> key combination to the left or right half of the screen, it seems gvim doesn't properly notice this change. When I invoke any command with :vert prepended (e.g. :vert split), gvim moves the gvim window back to the previous position on the screen.
      >
      > Steps:
      > 1. Open gvim -> gvim window opens at position #1
      > 2. Press <windows-left> -> gvim window is moved to the left (position #2)
      > 3. Type :vert split
      >
      > Result: The gvim window is back at position #1.
      >
      > This problem seems to affect only the win gui. At least with gnome/gtk everything seems ok.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Tom

      Reproduced with 7.3.762 on 64-bit Windows 7.

      gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
      gvim window pops up near middle of screen with 256x80 lines/columns
      <Windows key>+<Left>
      gvim moves to left side of screen, 48x95 lines/columns
      :vert split
      gvim window unnecessarily moves by itself to be somewhat off-screen, still at 48x95

      This also happens with the :vnew command.

      This looks like a bug. Opening a split window should not move the application window.