68360Re: [patch] new cpo setting to make n/N search in the same direction

  • Michael Henry
    Feb 18, 2013
      > I sometimes map n and N to add zz so the hit is in the middle
      > line, or for various other things, and while I suppose one could
      > add workarounds, I repeatedly find myself cursing the confusing
      > n/N behaviour after using # to search backwards.

      I've always been confused by the behavior of "n" and "N" after
      backward searches. The only work-around my brain can handle is
      to simply avoid backward searches entirely; instead, I search
      forward and press "N".

      Michael Henry