68335Re: [patch] [test] test if :mksession saves cursor columns correctly in presence of tab and multibyte characters

  • Christian Brabandt
    Feb 17, 2013
      Hi Bram!

      On So, 17 Feb 2013, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > I think using mb_string2cells() is wrong, because it counts double-wide
      > characters as two, while "l" counts them as one.

      Oh, I didn't know that.

      > How about using w_cursor.vcol but move with "|" instead of "l"?

      You mean w_cursor.col and using '|' instead of 'l'. That won't help
      here, I am afraid.

      If we have a multi-byte built, we also have eval feature, right?
      So can't we use something like this:

      norm! 06l
      if 1
      call setpos('.', ....)
      endif

      Since getpos() or winsaveview uses the byte-value of w_cursor.col this
      should work.

      regards,
      Christian