68230Re: Vim hangs with insertion after long line

    Feb 14, 2013
      Ben Fritz wrote:

      > On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:57:15 PM UTC-6, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > >

      > > Ok. But my idea is to have it included and only use it, if users
      > >
      > > explicitly set the 'experimental' option. So by default users would
      > >
      > > still use the old, working RE, but users that like to test and
      > >
      > > contribute can enable the new RE engine so that the new RE engine can be
      > >
      > > tested more easily.
      > >
      > I like this idea. I'd be happy to turn the option on and run with it
      > as long as I had the ability to revert to the old mode when needed if
      > I run into a problem. Then we also don't need to worry about a
      > whitelist. Just keep it as an "experimental" feature and people know
      > to turn it off (and submit a bug report!) if they run into situations
      > where it doesn't work.

      Question is, if you run into a problem, how do you know you have to turn
      off that option? If syntax highlighting is off it might be obvious, but
      when some plugins behave badly you might not have a clue.

      [The rest of the ARMY stand around looking at a loss.]
      INSPECTOR END OF FILM: (picks up megaphone) All right! Clear off! Go on!