67657Re: gp vs p

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Jan 6, 2013
      On 06/01/13 13:08, Axel Bender wrote:
      > Hi Christian,
      >
      > thanks for the answer. It goes along with my perception. I consider this a bug which needs a fix. Also, at times it would come very handy to have p's functionality being different from gp's.

      They are different. For characterwise put at least, p leaves the cursor
      on the last character of the inserted string while gp puts it
      immediately after it. And Bram is known to be extremely reluctant to
      accept any behaviour change which might break something in an existing
      script or mapping (even one not distributed with Vim).

      In Tennessee, it is illegal to shoot any game other than whales from a
      moving automobile.