67618Re: gf - incorrect behaviour

  • Dimitar DIMITROV
    Dec 29, 2012
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I think the following might (I am testing with Vim 7.3.409) be a bug:
      > >
      > > command vim -nNX -u NONE
      > > then insert: bla:///path/to/file
      > > then, with cursor being on p, use gf
      > > It tries to open bla:///path/to/file although : is not in 'isf and bla:/// =
      > > isn't a protocol
      >
      > I haven't checked the sources but I think this is hard coded.
      > It's intentional that this does not depend in 'isfname', so that things
      > like http:// work with the default 'isfname' value.
      >
      > Is this really a problem?

      It's an issue with puppet code which uses paths like:
      puppet:///modules/module_name/my_file that maps to real paths like
      $base_path/modules/module_name/files/my_file
      I wanted to be able to use gf with 'inex in order to be able to open 'my_file'
      this is the 'inex I was trying to use: set includeexpr=substitute(v:fname,'modules/.\\{-1,}/\zs','files/','')

      If puppet is the only language using this kind of paths, no, this is not a real issue

      208. Your goals for the future are obtaining an T1 connection and
          a 130 gig hard drive.

      /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net  \\\
      ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
      \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///