67521Re: Feature request: Regex "not identifier" character class.

    Dec 13, 2012
      So8res wrote:

      > The \i and \k regex character classes are very useful, matching
      > identifier and keyword characters respectively. You might think that
      > \I and \K match non-(identifier,keyword) characters, but that is not
      > what they do.
      >
      > As far as I can tell, there's no (easy) way in a regex to match
      > non-identifier/non-keyword characters.
      >
      > I propose adding such character classes, potentially under the names
      > \_i and \_k. I'm not entirely satisfied with those. Any other
      > suggestions for names?
      >
      > (Alternatively, is there a way to do this that I couldn't find in the help?)

      Right, it's not easy to match the opposite of \i and \k.

      \_ is reserved for items including a line break.

      Perhaps we can make a generic solution with \- meaning "the opposite
      of". At least instead of finding the few characters that don't have a
      meaning yet.

      153. You find yourself staring at your "inbox" waiting for new e-mail
      to arrive.