67460Re: [patch] Add a 'modifier' keyword to the :syntax commands, allowing syntax matches to stack.

  • So8res
    Dec 5, 2012
      Oops, sorry, I was misunderstanding how synID* worked.

      I've updated the patch to add the "combine" {what} to synIDattr, which is the bare minimum we need here.

      synID should definitely return only one ID in this case, both because we don't want to duplicate synstack and because it's the only way to get interoperability with the extended links patch.

      I'm still not sure how best to deal with synIDattr. How would you feel about adding a [, {flatten}] argument to it that flattens out the stack before checking the attr (analagous to [, {trans}] in synID)?