67284Re: Quit vim ignore certain type of buffers

  • sc
    Nov 27, 2012
      On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:21:12PM +0000, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
      > On 11:59 Tue 27 Nov , Techlive Zheng wrote:
      > > `:quit` command currently exits vim if it is the last open window, help window will be ignored in this check, is there any way to specify certain type of buffers by '&buftype' or '&filetype' to be ignored during this process?
      > >
      > > --
      > > You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.

      > Hi,

      > This is an answer and a question at the same time ...

      > Unfortunately non of the buftypes works, except help. But the help file
      > discourages to set this buftype. __Can anybody say why?__

      > In one of my plugins I have a table of contents window which could be
      > abandoned nicely, another example is the NERD_Tree window.

      > One always could redefine the command :quit and make a map to ^Wd to
      > close vim when only the window has left, but to overwrite a build-in
      > command one has to use one of the cmdalias plugins:

      an easier solution would be to sacrifice an F-key to quit, after all
      it's something you always do from every session -- due to my history
      with big iron my choice is always to put :bdelete<CR> on F3 and
      :quall<CR> on S-F3

      with those mappings in place you can use the repeat key feature on F3,
      or if you're really in a hurry hit S-F3 and you're out

      sc