67218Re: Patch 7.3.715

  • Ike Devolder
    Nov 22, 2012
      On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 03:08:14PM +0100, Ike Devolder wrote:
      > On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 09:08:48AM +0100, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > > On Thu, November 22, 2012 08:47, Ike Devolder wrote:
      > > [Patch 7.3.315]
      > > > Anyone else having issues with this patch ?
      > > >
      > > > In my day to day work i use vim in combination with syntastic to do some
      > > > linting for me. Since this patch i have frequent segfaults when
      > > > syntastic kicks in. It seems related to this patch, maybe not immediatly
      > > > due to setloclist itself but something related with quickfix.
      > > >
      > > > I'm sorry but atm i have no idea where to search.
      > > >
      > > > For now i'm stuck on 7.3.714 since that version can keep me working all
      > > > day long.
      > > >
      > > > some output:

      i attach a minimum configuration + testfile where i have consistent
      segfaults on.

      within the archive you can find index.php, it has a syntax error, the
      following steps lead to segfault:

      vim index.php
      - :w (with the syntax error, syntastic kicks in)
      - goto end of phpinfo() and add ; :w (error is gone)
      - undo u
      - :w -> segfault

      uname -a:
      Linux 3.6.7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 18 09:53:58 CET 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      distribution Arch Linux

      configure:
      ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var/lib/vim \
      --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-compiledby=BlackEagle \
      --with-features=huge --enable-gpm --enable-acl --with-x=no \
      --disable-gui --enable-multibyte --enable-cscope \
      --disable-netbeans --enable-perlinterp=dynamic \
      --enable-pythoninterp=dynamic --enable-python3interp=dynamic \
      --enable-rubyinterp=dynamic --enable-luainterp=dynamic

      now tested with version 7.3.725, first noticed with 7.3.718 and then
      detected that the problem went away when going back to 7.3.714

      to be able to build ruby dynamic on my machine i also needed the patch
      of Ken Takata in the 7.3.721 thread:
      https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vim_dev/-pxkvVyWZdo

      thx for looking into this

      --